2 pkg1/4 oz ea. active dry yeast
1 cwarm water (110 to 115 degrees)
1 1/4 cbutter, divided
5 call purpose flour
3/4 cevaporated milk
How to Make Croissants
- In a large mixing bowl, disolve yeast in warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Melt 1/4c butter, set a side.
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and add to yeast mixture. Add the evaporated milk, 1 egg, and melted butter; beat until smooth.
- Place in remaining flourin a large bowl, cut in remaining butter until crumbly, add yeast mixture, mix well.
- Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead about 5 or 6 times.
- Divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 16" round circle, cut each circle into 8 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and put point side down.
- Place 3" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
- Beat water and remaining egg, brush over rolls. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.