How to Make Croissants
- 1In a large mixing bowl, disolve yeast in warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Melt 1/4c butter, set a side.
- 3Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and add to yeast mixture. Add the evaporated milk, 1 egg, and melted butter; beat until smooth.
- 4Place in remaining flourin a large bowl, cut in remaining butter until crumbly, add yeast mixture, mix well.
- 5Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- 6Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead about 5 or 6 times.
- 7Divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 16" round circle, cut each circle into 8 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and put point side down.
- 8Place 3" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
- 9Beat water and remaining egg, brush over rolls. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.