- 1 pkg
- cranberry bread mix
- 2/3 c
- sour cream
- 1/3 c
- egg, separated, reserving egg white for topping
- 1 Tbsp
- medium lemon
- medium orange
- 1 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- eggs, beaten
FRESH CITRUS CURD
How to Make CRANBERRY SCONE LOAF
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease & flour "bottom only" of a 9 inch pie pan. Fluted pie pan is fine.
- 2In large bowl combine bread mix, sour cream, milk, 1 whole egg & 1 egg yolk; stir until dry particles are moistened.
- 3Spread in greased & floured pan.
In small bowl slightly beat reserved egg white; brush over top of batter. Sprinkle with sugar.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown & toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Serve warm or at room temperature plain or with something on it.
- 6DIRECTIONS FOR: Fresh Citrus Curd (Makes 3 cups)
- 7Grate peel from lemon & orange; squeeze 1/4 cup juice from each.
- 8In heavy 2 quart saucepan combine lemon juice, orange juice, sugar & butter. Cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- 9Gradually stir in eggs, stirring constantly, until mixture boils & thickens - about 20 minutes.
- 10Add lemon & orange peels; blend well.
- 11Ladle into clean jars or non-metal containers; cover with tight fitting lids.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.