Cranberry Breakfast Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
How to Make Cranberry Breakfast Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter with orange zest and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss cranberries with 2 tablespoons of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3Add flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk. Fold in cranberries.
- 4Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 minutes, then check for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven, check every 5 minutes or so. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.