Country White Bread - Bread Machine or Oven
Mary R Morris
1 1/8 cmilk (110-115 degrees
1 1/2 Tbspbutter
1large egg (room temp)
1 1/2 tspsalt
4 cbread flour
1 1/2 Tbspsugar
2 tspbread machine or instant yeast
How to Make Country White Bread - Bread Machine or Oven
- Measure and add liquid ingredients to bread pan
- Measure and add dry ingredients ( except yeast) to the bread pan
- Make a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast.measure the yeast and pour into the well.
- Snap,the baking pan into the bread machine and close the lid
- Press the menu selection :::If you are going to the machine bake the bread then press for 2 lb loaf and choose the Basic setting ..if you going to bake in the oven ,then select dough cycle.
- If baking in machine ,after baking cycle ends,then remove and cool on baking rack before cutting ...If baking in the oven ,when dough cycle is ended ,remove dough, divide dough in half, let rest 5 minutes ,then shape ,put in 2 loaf pans.( mine are 5x9 pans) if you want a higher loaf use the next size down.Cover with Pam sprayed plastic wrap and let rise in warm draft free area till dough is double in size .Bake in 375 degree oven ..about 35 minutes .Loaf is baked when it give a hollow sound when you "thump " be sure bottom is medium brown. It you want soft crust ,brush top with melted butter .for crisper crust leave as is ..let cool before cutting