Cool Rise White Bread (Kitchenaid recipe)
How to Make Cool Rise White Bread (Kitchenaid recipe)
- 1Place 5-1/2 cups flour plus sugar, salt, yeast and butter in bowl. Using your Kitchenaid mixer, attach the bowl and dough hook and turn on to speed 2 and mix 1 minute. Add warm water slowly for about 1 minute and then mix 1 minute more.
- 2Still on Speed 2, add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough clings to the dough hook and cleans the sides of the bowl for about 5 minutes. Continue kneading for about 10 minutes on Speed 2 or until the dough is elastic and smooth.
- 3Remove the bowl from the mixer and cover dough with plastic wrap and a towel and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- 4Split dough in half, roll each to a 14 x 9 inch rectangle, then roll up to shape into loaves. In two well greased loaf pans, place the loaves, brush with oil and with plastic wrap, cover loosely. Refrigerate 2 to up to 12 hours.
- 5When dough has risen and ready to bake, uncover carefully. Puncture any bubbles that may have formed and let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. When done, remove from pans and let cool on racks.