Cin's Beer Bread
Since there were so many already posted I wasn't going to post mine...but, I had it posted on with one of my other recipes (Tallerine) and was asked to post it by itself...so, here it is.
I have been making this Beer Bread forever, I can't even remember when it was that I first started making it.
Sometimes I add 1-Tablespoon of garlic powder (garlic salt or garlic oil) and 1-Tablespoon of Itilian Herb Mix and blend into the flour before adding the beer. I have also blended in shredded cheeses at times.
oooh...BTW, you may want to grease the loaf pan or spray some not-stick spray in it (on bottom and up the sides)...guess I forgot to tell ya that!!!
The bread is not as dry as it appears in the one pic....I added another pic taken when I'd made it again.
- 3 c
- self rising flour
- 3 Tbsp
- sugar (you can use splenda)
- 12 oz
- beer (light or regular; cold or warm)
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Cin's Beer Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 375° F
- 2Mix the first 3-ingredient together with wooden spoon and pour into a bread loaf pan.
- 3I melt 3 Tablespoons of butter and pour over top of the dough just before placing in oven.
- 4Bake for approximately 1 hour (depending on oven, 50 minutes to 1 hour).
- 5When finished baking, move to cool for 10-to-15 minutes on wire rack before removing from the loaf pan.
- 6...be sure to read "Tips and P.S." under my personal notes (Cindy's Notes), above.