Cin`s 'When Ruffled Sallie met Steamy Broc' Sammie
Just pretend you are building a Sallie (aka, salad) and have fun with Brock (aka, broccoli).
Don't know if you will or not, but we liked the sandwich very much.
1loaf french bread, from the bakery
·handful of small broccoli florets
·handful of baby spinach (that has been pre washed, dried & torn)
·6 to 8 oz smoked turkey breast deli meat (i had thinly sliced)
1 smallcarrot (sherd with cheese grater)
1 smallbaby seedless cucumber (thinly sliced)
1 smallcelery stick with it's leaves (thinly sliced)
1 mediumgarden ripe tomato (sliced)
·mayonnaise for spreading
·2 to 3 tablespoons (heaping) magonnaise
1 tsp(heaping) spicy brown mustard
1/2 tspwhite balsamic vinegar
·salt & pepper to taste
·lastly for the sandwich:
1/2 cfinely shredded fiesta blend cheese (monterey jaack, cheddar, queso quesadilla & asadero)
1/3 c(crushed) ruffles with ridges
How to Make Cin`s 'When Ruffled Sallie met Steamy Broc' Sammie
- Pretend you are building a salad. Becausse you are going to combine all, (EXCEPT the bread, meat and chips), in a bowl and toss with the sauce.
- BUT, first of all, give Broc a short steam bath, leaving him crisp but not too crisp.
Then let him jump into an ice bath to cool him down.
Roll (pour) him over into a colander and let him set until needed.
- Ok, now you can toss all the veggies into a medium size bowl.
- In a seperate (small) bowl mix or whisk your sauce ingredients together until well blended and creamy.
- Pour sauce over veggies and mix/toss together.
Fold in the shredded cheeses along with Broc.
- START YOUR ENGINE...no, no, no I mean building your Sammie!!
- Take your French Bread Loaf and slit it open (long ways).
Smear mayo on both sides.
Next place a layer of the veggie-cheese mixture on the bottom slice and sprinkle all acorss the length of it with the crushed ruffles w/ridges.
Now throw on a layer of the smoked turkey breast meat (if you have any of the veggie mix lefover, toss some of it over the meat...I did)...oooh and don't forget to place a few of those wonderful tomatoe slices on now.
Place the other long slice of the french bread loaf on top, press down a bit to hold together while you slice the sandwich into as many sections as needed.
- Makes a big Sammie...eat and enjoy (we did).