Children of the Cornbread
How to Make Children of the Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, and buttermilk. (To substitute sour milk, add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the 2 cups of milk and let stand for 10 minutes.)
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just mixed (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour into lightly greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.