Children of the Cornbread
How to Make Children of the Cornbread
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 2Combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, and buttermilk. (To substitute sour milk, add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the 2 cups of milk and let stand for 10 minutes.)
- 3In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just mixed (batter will be lumpy).
- 5Pour into lightly greased 9x13 baking pan.
- 6Bake for 35 minutes or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.