★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 10 oz
- jar maraschino cherries
- 3 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/3 c
- butter, softened or margarine
- 2 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 tsp
- 1 c
- chopped walnuts
How to Make Cherry-Walnut Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 4 - 6x3x2inch loaf pans
- 2Drain cherry syrup into a measuring cup; add enough milk to make 1 cup.
Cut cherries in half. Set aside.
- 3In a large mixer bowl at low speed, beat butter, brown sugar, milk and eggs. Add flour, salt and baking powder for about 2 minutes until well blended. Stir in cherries and nuts. Pour into loaf pans
- 4Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap, then foil and store in the refrigerator overnight before slicing.