Cheesy Corn Bread in a Jiffy
- 1 box
- jiffy corn bread mix, costs $1.00!!
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- grated cheedar cheese (up to 3/4 cup is ok)
- 1/2 c
- frozen corn kernals ( anywhere up to a cup is ok)
- 1/3 c
- milk (or even half&half)
How to Make Cheesy Corn Bread in a Jiffy
- 1Mix together to corn bread mix according to the directions on the box, which includes 1/3 cup milk of milk and egg. An additional egg is added to make this a more denser bread. Just mix the ingredients for a minute by hand. It will appear lumpy.
- 2Add the corn and cheese, just stiring until coated and evenly distributed. The corn can come straight by the freezer, it doesn't need to be thawed first. I keep a bag on standby at all times.
- 3Pour into a greased 8x8 square pan or 8x10 oblong corning-wear dish. Maybe you prefer cast iron. Whatever you prefer. Grease with butter, oil or olive oil. Or muffins if u prefer. Cook acc to directions on box. 400 degree oven for about 20 min. Stick a toothpick in to test when done. Remove and immediately cover with tin foil. Let sit for about 10 min. This makes it even more moist. Don't skip this part.