Buttons and Bowknots
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·2 cups bisquick
·2 tbs sugar
·1 tsp nutmeg
·1/8 tsp cinnamon
·1/3 cup milk
·1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
·1/2 cup sugar
How to Make Buttons and Bowknots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the Bisquick, 2 tbs sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, egg, and milk together. Beat for 20 strokes.
- Round up the dough and knead it 5 times on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a floured doughnut cutter.
- To make the bowknots, twist the rings to make a figure 8. The holes will be the buttons.
- Place the buttons and bowknots on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately after baking, dip them in the melted butter and then in the sugar.
- Enjoy. They are best warm.