Buttons and Bowknots
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 cups bisquick
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
How to Make Buttons and Bowknots
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix the Bisquick, 2 tbs sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, egg, and milk together. Beat for 20 strokes.
- 3Round up the dough and knead it 5 times on a lightly floured surface.
- 4Roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a floured doughnut cutter.
- 5To make the bowknots, twist the rings to make a figure 8. The holes will be the buttons.
- 6Place the buttons and bowknots on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8Immediately after baking, dip them in the melted butter and then in the sugar.
- 9Enjoy. They are best warm.