BUTTERMILK YEAST ROLLS
2 pkgactive dry yeast
4 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cbuttermilk
3 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make BUTTERMILK YEAST ROLLS
- Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water 1 tablespoon sugar. Mix in large bowl, stir until disolved good and set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients and heat buttermilk over low heat until luke warm and add to yeast mixture
- Add rest of the sugar, oil and mix well, add dry ingredients 2 cups at a time, mix well
- Let stand 10 minutes. kneed for 5 minutes. Shape and place on greased pan, brush top with butter. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. WATCH close, they brown fast.
- TIP: You might want to check the date on your yeast and use a box of new baking soda.