★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- plain corn meal
- 1/3 c
- plain flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
How to Make Buttermilk Cornbread
- 1Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare cast iron skillet with small amount bacon grease (or cooking oil) in the bottom. Place skillet in oven while you are mixing cornbread.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- 4Add buttermilk and egg.
- 5Stir with fork until just blended.
- 6Pour batter in the hot skillet. Bake about 20 minutes or until the top of the cornbread is golden brown.