★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cplain corn meal
1/3 cplain flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
How to Make Buttermilk Cornbread
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Prepare cast iron skillet with small amount bacon grease (or cooking oil) in the bottom. Place skillet in oven while you are mixing cornbread.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add buttermilk and egg.
- Stir with fork until just blended.
- Pour batter in the hot skillet. Bake about 20 minutes or until the top of the cornbread is golden brown.