BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH CHEESE
Note: "I made this for my picky husband (who literally gags at the smell and taste of broccoli) and he loved it. His exact word: 'INCREDIBLE'. Every time I make this for company, my friends ask for the recipe. They cannot believe how kids gobble up the broccoli and onions."
Recipe provided by All Recipes
- 1 c
- cottage cheese
- 3/4 c
- butter, melted
- 2 pkg
- (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz) frozen, chopped broccoli
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 c
- shredded cheese, divided
How to Make BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH CHEESE
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 2Beat cottage cheese, butter and eggs in a large bowl. Stir corn muffin mix into butter mixture just until moistened. Fold in broccoli (note: to avoid damp spots in your cornbread. drain the broccoli well and squeeze it dry with paper towels).
- 3Pour batter into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- 4Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm. Note: Ours started to pull away from the sides of the pan after 35 minutes, but needed to bake an additional 10 minutes to cook in the center.