- 1 10 oz. pkg
- frozen chopped broccoli,defrost and well drained uncooked
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- eggs, well beaten
- 1 stick
- butter, melted. (may use margarine)
- 3/4 c
- cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1 tsp
- 1 pkg
- corn bread mix or corn bread recipe
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil (to be used for iron skillet only)
- oil spray such as pam
How to Make Broccoli Cornbread
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Defrost and well drain broccoli.
- 2Mix all ingredients in order listed except for cooking oil and/or spray.
- 3Prepare cooking pan:
If using an iron skillet, medium size, add 2TBS oil
and preheat until hot.
IF using a glass or other container use a spry oil to coat the sides and bottom of pan.
a 9X13 inch pan, sprayed with Pam or similar spray.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Bread is very moist, should be firm to touch and lightly browned on top.
- 5Serve warm with beans, greens, or main dish if so desired.