Bread Machine Potato Buns
- 1 pkg
- fast-rise yeast
- 1 2/3 c
- water (105-110 degrees)
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 c
- bread flour
- 4 Tbsp
- instant potato flakes
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- butter for buttering tops of buns when removed from oven
How to Make Bread Machine Potato Buns
- 1Put water, sugar and yeast in bread machine pan. Let stand no less than 10 and no longer than 15 minutes to proof the yeast. Do not omit this step as it will insure that your yeast is working!
- 2Once your yeast has proofed,add the flour, instant potato flakes, oil and salt to the bread machine pan.
- 3Set bread machine to the dough cycle, close the lid and let the machine do the work. Check the dough when it is about half way through mixing. You may need to add a tablespoon of warm water if the dough seems dry.
- 4Once the dough has risen, shut off bread machine and dump the dough into a bowl sprayed with non-stick spray. Spray your hands with the non-stick spray and divide dough in half. Divide each of the two balls of into two or three pieces. You will now have 4 or 6 balls of dough. Divide each ball of dough into three pieces and form into a bun. You will have 12 or 18 balls of dough to form into buns.
- 5Place formed buns on a greased cookie sheet. Cover with a clean tea towel and let rise until doubled in size--it may take up to 30 minutes depending on how warm your kitchen is.
- 6While the buns are raising on the pan, preheat oven to 350. When buns have doubled in size, remove the towel and put the pan in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or light golden brown.
- 7Once they have baked, remove from oven and turn out onto waxed paper lined rack or counter top to cool. Brush the top of each bun with butter and let cool. I use about a 2 tablespoon size piece of butter and hold it with waxed paper and just lightly rub the butter over each bun.
- 8Let cool if you can wait that long and enjoy! I find that if my kids are around when they are baked, I have to stand guard over the buns so there are some left!