Bread Machine Light Moist Buttermilk Bread
How to Make Bread Machine Light Moist Buttermilk Bread
- Measure out all of the ingredients.
- Place the cold buttermilk in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm. Beat the egg and stir into the buttermilk.
- Place ingredients into bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. I put liquid (buttermilk and egg) in first then add the flour, salt & sugar. Cut the butter into small pieces and scatter around on top. Make a little hole in the top center and add the yeast making sure not to let the yeast touch any wet ingredients.
- Set machine to quick bake with medium crust. If you like a lighter loaf you can set it for light crust.
- This recipe can also be stirred up using the dough cycle in the machine and baked in a conventional oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread- add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 4 Tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 - 1/3 cup of raisins. Add the raisins according to manufacturer's instructions for your brand of machine.