Bread Like No Other
How to Make Bread Like No Other
- Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together; set aside to rise.
- Melt the crisco in the milk. (I use the microwave for about 1 min.)
- Mix milk mixture with egg beaters and 1 cup of flour. Mix until smooth.
- Add the yeast mixture to the bread mixture. Make sure to mix well.
- Start adding flour 1/2 cup at a time. Continue to add flour until dough is easy to handle.
- Turn dough out of bowl onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, making sure it is easy to handle.
- Turn dough upside down and cover. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down and divide. (I use Rubbermaids 6 loaf sleigh pan.) Divide the dough in two for regular size bread pans.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle shape. Roll up and tuck ends under. Place in greased bread pans, seam side down. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take out of oven, slice and serve with butter while hot!