I hope you make these and let me know your findings, suggestions or anything else you would like to say about them
- 1/2 c
- water (70 to 80 degrees f)
- 1 c
- warm milk (70 to 80 degrees f)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 pkg
- (.25 ounce) each active dry yeast
- egg white, beaten
How to Make Bread Bowls
- 11. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 22. When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Divide into six portions; shape into balls.
Place on greased baking sheets.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
Brush with egg white.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on wire racks.
- 33. To make bowl, cut the top fourth off of bread; carefully hollow out bottom of each, leaving a 1/4-in. shell.
Dip the removed bread in your soup, discard it, or save it for another use.
You can do the first step by hand or mixer/processor, also!