Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
Rev BJ Friley
1/2 cbuckwheat flour
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 crefrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 1 egg, slightly beaten
1 1/4 cbuttermilk or sour milk
1 Tbspcooking oil
3/4 cfresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
How to Make Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- In a medium bowl - Stir together buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl - Beat egg slightly; stir in buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add buttermilk mixture all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir just until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water sprinkled onto griddle dance across the surface.
- For each pancake - Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Spread the batter into a circle that's about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook over medium heat until pancakes are brown, turning to cook second sides when pancakes are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (1 to 2 minutes per side).
- Serve immediately or keep warm.