4 Tbspcream cheese, room temperature
2 Tbspbleu cheese
6 slicebread, thin, rye, pumpernickel or any multi grain
1/2 cwalnuts, chopped very fine, and toasted
2-3pears, ripe and thinly sliced into 12 pieces
How to Make Bleu Cheese, Walnut & Pear Sandwich
- 1. Mash cream and blue cheeses together in bowl until combined well.
2.Spread each slice of bread with a thin layer of butter.
3. Spread equal amounts of cheese on 3 slices of bread.
4. Sprinkle with a heaping tablespoon of walnuts over cheese.
- 5.Place 4 thin slices of pear on top of cheese and nuts, cover with remaining bread slices.
6. Press down firmly, remove crusts and cut into 4 pieces.
Serve immediately or wrap well and chill till tea time