Best White Bread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- hot water
- 2 Tbsp
- 7 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- butter-or butter crisco is what i use
How to Make Best White Bread
- 1Take only 1/2 cup of hot water and place in bowl with the sugar and yeast. Meanwhile measure out the flour and salt. When the yeast is good and foamy put the rest of the water and flour mixture in bowl and mix.
- 2Be sure not to let the salt touch the active yeast it will kill it.
- 3Mix until mostly blended and then put the butter flavor Crisco in and knead for ten minutes.
- 4After kneading lightly oil a bowl, and place the dough in the oil and turn it over. This will make the top look glossy. Let rise to double it's size.
- 5Punch down the dough, and place in greased loaf pans or whatever vessel you plan to cook your bread in. I have the oven preheat to 380* and bake for 25 minutes. Bread must have an internal temp >150* to be cooked. When you remove the bread please coat with butter or margarine. Enjoy!