3 1/2 call purpose flour
3 Tbspbrown sugar
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 12 oz bottlebeer, ( you can use near beer)
1egg, beaten - you will only use this as egg wash over the top of the bread. it will give it a nice shine.
How to Make Beer Bread
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position.
Heat oven to 375*
- Mix FLOUR, SUGAR, BAKING POWDER, & SALT in a large bowl.
- Add beer, (no sips taken) and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; kneed quickly to form a ball.
I prefer to shape into a loaf shape, it will be easier to cut.
- Place dough on a baking sheet and CONFIDENTLY slit an X on top with a serrated or VERY SHARP knife.
- Brush loaf w/ egg wash.
Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.