- 3 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 12 oz bottle
- beer, ( you can use near beer)
- egg, beaten - you will only use this as egg wash over the top of the bread. it will give it a nice shine.
How to Make Beer Bread
- 1Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position.
Heat oven to 375*
- 2Mix FLOUR, SUGAR, BAKING POWDER, & SALT in a large bowl.
- 3Add beer, (no sips taken) and stir with a fork until just combined.
- 4Turn dough onto a floured surface; kneed quickly to form a ball.
I prefer to shape into a loaf shape, it will be easier to cut.
- 5Place dough on a baking sheet and CONFIDENTLY slit an X on top with a serrated or VERY SHARP knife.
- 6Brush loaf w/ egg wash.
Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.