Batter Buns Since 1984
How to Make Batter Buns Since 1984
- 1Mix water, yeast and sugar.(Let the water, yeast and sugar start to ferment before adding the other ingredients). Stir in salt and 1/2 of the flour. Add beaten egg and oleo or butter or margarine.
- 2Beat in rest of flour. Mix well.
- 3Scrape side of bowl and let rise 30 minutes.
- 4Stir down and spoon into greased muffin pans. (The batter will appear almost sticky or gummy looking, this is normal. Just use a small spoon and use your fingers if you have to, to knock it off in the pan.)
- 5Let rise 20 minutes.
- 6Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. (What I do to get it to brown a little better, is to take some oleo or margarine or butter, and once it starts to rise good dot with a little butter on top)