★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- mashed bananas (approximately 3)
- 1 c
- walnuts, chopped
How to Make Banana Nut Bread
- 1Blend dry ingredients (flour, soda and salt) together and set aside. Cream sugar, margarine and eggs until light and fluffy.
- 2Add blended dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternating with mashed bananas and lemon juice. Fold in nuts.
- 3Spread into well greased loaf pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Remove from pan immediately and cool and baking rack.
- 6* I usually prepare these in 3 small bread pans now that it is just the two of us. This bread freezes very well. And of course the kids never mind when you pull one out of the freezer to send home with them!