★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbloaf of challah or brioche
1 cheavy cream
1/4 cwhole milk
3 1/2 Tbspvanilla, divided
2 Tbspbutter, cut up
3/4 cmaple syrup
How to Make Baked Vanilla french Toast
- Combine maple syrup and 1 1/2T vanilla. mix well and set aside.
- preheat oven to 400. Slice bread 1 in thick. Arrange on non reactive baking sheet.
- whisk eggs, sugar and salt until blended smooth. Add cream, milk and 2T vanilla, whisk until combined. Pour over bread slices, turning to coat. cover and chill 8hrs to over night. Turning bread occasional.
- Arrange butter pieces on sided cookie sheet. Place in preheated oven for 1-2 min until melted. spread evenly over pan. Remove bread, allowing excess to drip off. Place on heated sheet pan.
- Bake 10 min or until lightly browned, turn over and bake additional 5 min. Cut and serve with vanilla maple syrup.