5 minute No Knead Artisan Bread
1. You can freeze this dough up to 2 months it seems. After you let it rest for 2 hours, wrap the dough and freeze.
2. Even if you do not make the slash on top with knife it will form by itself while baking to let the steam out.
3. Instead of using flour for dusting, you can also use cornmeal / almond meal.
4. Oven timings will vary accordingly.
How to Make 5 minute No Knead Artisan Bread
- 11. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, yeast and salt.
- 22. Pour the lukewarm water (110 Deg F) and with a wooden spatula, stir until well combined and a mushy lump forms. This will take 2-3 minutes.
- 33. Cover the bowl with a greased cling wrap and let it rest for minimum 2 hours. I left it for 5 hours and it was still okay and turned out well.
- 44. In a wide plate / counter, spread the flour for dusting and also cover the dough lump with flour and form into a ball.
- 55. Place this ball on a baking sheet and once again let it rest for 30-40 minutes.
- 66. With a sharp knife, make 3 lines to help the steam out while baking and dust the top with flour.
- 77. Preheat the oven to 220 C (450 F) and place the baking tray. On the oven floor (below the baking tray) place bowl/pan with water. This is for a water bath which will keep the bread moist.
- 88. Bake for 30-35 minutes and once done, place the baked bread on a rack to cool.
- 99. Enjoy it with loads of butter, jam or nutella like I did.