Yummy Low-Fat Bran Muffins
1 1/2 cwheat bran
1 cnon-fat milk
1 capplesauce, unsweetened or large mashed banana
2/3 cdark brown sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 cwhole wheat flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 cblueberries or raisins or any fruit you like
How to Make Yummy Low-Fat Bran Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 and line muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
- Combine wheat bran and milk and let sit for 10 minutes. If using raisins, put them in warm water to soak. It makes them plump up.
- Combine applesauce, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Combine wheat bran mixture with applesauce mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt & cinnamon).
- Combine everything together until blended. Add fruit.
- Scoop mixture evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins springs back from light touch.
- Remove muffins from muffin pan to cooling rack for about 5 minutes. Unless eating right away, store warm (not hot) muffins in a plastic container and put in the fridge.
- 30 seconds in the microwave make them perfect the next morning (if there are any left the next morning) Enjoy!