How to Make Welsh Rarebit
- Place 4 yolks in saucepan on low continually whisking for 3 minutes.
- Then add the stick of butter, raise heat to low/medium. Continue whisking.
- In an oven of 300 degrees, place the halved muffins, buttered face down.
- Whisk in mustard. Raise heat to medium.
- Whisk in cheese a quarter at a time until all is in and thick.
- Add cream. Whisk until an even sauce. Then add paprika to taste. If you let it sit, it will separate. Just whisk more over heat.
- To serve per person, two slices of English muffin with two slices of tomato each side of the muffin. Ladle on sauce, garnish with parsley.