☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 call purpose flour
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbutter, softened
6/8 clight brown sugar
1 largeegg, separated
·caster sugar (superfine), for dusting
How to Make Welsh Honey and Spice Cakes
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter muffin tin cups (18 total) or line with paper cupcake liners.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and baking soda into a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and then gradually beat in honey.
- With a wooden spoon, fold in flour mixture, plus milk to make a soft mixture.
- In a separate bowl, with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in batter.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups or liners.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until firm to touch and golden brown.
- Place on wire rack to cool and dust with caster sugar. Cool completely.