Tim's Bran Muffins
3/4/ cupskim milk
1/2 ccanola oil
1 1/2 cwhole grain bran ceral, i like fier one
1 1/4 cwhole wheat flour (but you can use all purpose if you like)
3 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspground flax seed (this is optional)
·also feel free to add a cup of chopped fruit, berries or nuts, if you like)
How to Make Tim's Bran Muffins
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tims with Pam although I have to say I like the BAKING Pam for baking anything, it just comes out better!
- pour the milk over the bran ceral and let it stand for a couple minutes, to soften. Add the egg and canola oil. Add the molasses and mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients remaining together and mix into the wet ingreidnets. After mixing it well using a wooden spoon, fold in fruit and/or nuts. Fill the tins about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool a minute in the tins, then carefully pop them out of the tins and cool on a rack. Sereved warm, they are good.
- If you would like to change things up a little when you are filling the tins, fill about 1/2 way, add a teaspoon of low sugar orange marmalade or whatever jam you like, and top with more batter. Bake and enjoy a little surprise in the middle of each!