Tim's Bran Muffins
- 3/4/ cup
- skim milk
- 1/2 c
- canola oil
- 1 1/2 c
- whole grain bran ceral, i like fier one
- 1 1/4 c
- whole wheat flour (but you can use all purpose if you like)
- 1/3 c
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 Tbsp
- ground flax seed (this is optional)
- also feel free to add a cup of chopped fruit, berries or nuts, if you like)
How to Make Tim's Bran Muffins
- 1Pre heat oven to 400 degrees and spray muffin tims with Pam although I have to say I like the BAKING Pam for baking anything, it just comes out better!
- 2pour the milk over the bran ceral and let it stand for a couple minutes, to soften. Add the egg and canola oil. Add the molasses and mix.
- 3Combine the dry ingredients remaining together and mix into the wet ingreidnets. After mixing it well using a wooden spoon, fold in fruit and/or nuts. Fill the tins about 3/4 of the way full.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool a minute in the tins, then carefully pop them out of the tins and cool on a rack. Sereved warm, they are good.
- 5If you would like to change things up a little when you are filling the tins, fill about 1/2 way, add a teaspoon of low sugar orange marmalade or whatever jam you like, and top with more batter. Bake and enjoy a little surprise in the middle of each!