Super Moist Buttermilk Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 stick
- softened butter ( i used real butter/salted)
- eggs ( i use large)
- 1 1/2 c
- mashed bananas (the riper the better)
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c
- flour (i sift but you dont have to)
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 c
- walnuts ( i finely chop 1/2 for the batter)
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES. SET RACK IN OVEN TO TOP IF USING GAS STOVE , MIDDLE IF ELECTRIC
How to Make Super Moist Buttermilk Banana Nut Muffins
- 1You will need 2 bowls, one for dry and one to mix everything in. Depending on if your making loafs or muffin pans grease just the bottom of pans, cooking spray works just fine. Muffin pans, I use the muffin liners.
- 2This is a 2 loaf recipe. I make one loaf and 6 large muffins (I have a large muffin pan) so how many muffins you get depends on the size of your pans and how full you fill your muffin pan
- 3First mix all dry ingredients together. I sift mine all together to incorporate them well but you do not have to sift.
- 4In second bowl the bigger one that you can use a mixer in first beat softened butter and sugar together till almost creamy
- 5Next, add eggs one at a time. Then add buttermilk, then mashed bananas and vanilla... beat with mixer till creamy on medium speed. Add in 3/4 cup of walnuts walnuts.
- 6Slowly beat in the flour mixture till you get half of it incorporated. Then you will need to stir in the rest of flour.
- 7Split the batter between two loaf pans or 3/4 way full in muffin pan. Sprinkle remainder walnuts on top of batter after it is in pans then place in oven
- 8I put my pans on a cookie sheet. When I bake these. I believe it keeps my bread and muffins from browning to fast on bottom.
- 9Now depending on what your making will make a difference in how long they will be in the oven. The muffins take about 20-25 minutes no longer. Bread loaves take 40-45 minutes. The recipe calls for alot longer and we found that it just dried them out. I also find that it depends on the oven and wether your using gas or electric. Check it and use toothpick in center for doneness. As long as the toothpick comes out with no batter on it, its done. I have a great gas oven and stove . I have tweaked this to my preference after we got our new stove. Please enjoy this is really a great recipe. For me, I have enjoyed watching my family gobble them up and baking this for them for years.