Strawberry Walnut Bread
A delicious made-from-scratch recipe given to me years & years ago by a dear family friend and amazing cook. A great way to use fresh strawberries. I like to top with butter, honey, or cream cheese.
3cups fresh strawberries
4eggs, room temp
1 ccanola oil
1 & 3/4 cwhite sugar
1/4 cbrown sugar
1 & 1/2 tspvanilla
1 tspbaking soda
1 cwalnuts, chopped
How to Make Strawberry Walnut Bread
- Mash strawberries & 1/3 cup of sugar. Set aside for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs & mix with oil, sugars, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Drain excess juice from the strawberries (I save to put a little bit in lemonade, tea, etc.). Add strawberries to mix above. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well, then add the walnuts.
- Pour into either 2 greased & floured 9x5 loaf pans, mini loaf pans, or muffin tins.
- For bread: bake 55 minutes. For muffins, bake about 45 mins. Enjoy!