- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher or sea salt
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- pumpkin, canned
- 1/2 c
- canola oil
- 2 c
- granny smith apples, fine dice
- recipe streusel topping, below
How to Make Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
- 1Whisk together the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2In a medium bowl beat together the pumpkin, eggs, and oil.
- 3Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry mixture and using a wooden spoon, stir until just blended. Gently stir in the apples.
- 4Scoop batter into muffin cups until about 2/3 full. Sprinkle streusel topping over the batter.
- 5Bake at 350?F for about 30 minutes and check to see if done with the toothpick test.
- 6Streusel Topping:
In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in 4 tablespoons unsalted butter until mixture is nice and crumbly.