Muffins Cake Mix Style
These are so good for breakfast, with butter or honey.
These are so good and crunchy as if there were nuts inside.Family approved.
- 18 oz
- pkg. white cake mix
- 2/3 c
- ground tostitos corn chips, measure after ground
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 4 large
- 3/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- 3 oz
- pkg. strawberry jello, using dry
How to Make Muffins Cake Mix Style
- 1Preheat oven to 325^.
Spray muffin tins or 9-inch pan with non-stick olive oil.
- 2Pulverize the corn chips of your choice in the blender- just until fine not paste.
In your large mixer bowl combine cake mix,the ground corn chips,(if you don't have corn chips you could use 3/4 c. corn meal- but it will change the crunch),baking powder, eggs ,lemon juice, and olive oil.
- 3Mix well- the dough will be thick.
Spoon a heaping Tablespoon of dough into each muffin well or cover bottom of 9-inch pan.
Using a teaspoon- measure a teaspoonful of dry strawberry jello(or you favorite flavor) in the center of the dough, do not get on the sides of the muffin pan. Sprinkle jello powder all over first layer of dough if using 9-inch pan- not touching side of pan.
Spoon dough carefully over the jello powder- using all the dough equally in each muffin tin; or covering it in the 9-inch pan.
- 4Bake in oven for about 25-30 minutes for muffins or 35-40 minutes for 9-inch pan. Test before assigned time with a toothpick s all ovens are different.
Butter tops and cool slightly then remove from muffin tin- leave in 9-inch pan and cut into squares.