How to Make Maxine's Dark Moist Bran Muffins
- Combine flour, bran, sugar, salt, and soda. Mix well.
- combine buttermilkd, egg, molassses and butter.
- Add all at one to dry ingredients.
- Stir enough to moisten flour mixture.
- Fill GREASED muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350* for 20 to 25 mintues.
- Makes about 24 muffins.
- This is what I have done to the recipe.
I add a cup of raisins or other dried fruit or candies orange peel.
I coat the muffin cups with Lecithin Vegetable Oil and add a tablespoon of honey or more (depend how big the muffin cups are). Then I add the bran muffin mix and bake. It give the bran muffins a wonderful glaze of honey...