Lower-fat not Lower-flavor Banana Bread
1. Never use a hand mixer for banana bread because it comes out gummy; treat it like a muffin batter and mix with a wooden spoon just until the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
2. In fact, if you would like to turn these into muffins, pour the batter into greased muffin tins and bake for eighteen minutes.
- 2-3 medium
- 1/4 c
- applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg(or grated fresh)
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Lower-fat not Lower-flavor Banana Bread
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas really, really well. Add the sugar, applesauce, oil, and molasses, and whisk briskly to incorporate.
- 3Sift the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Use a wooden spoon to mix until the wet and dry ingredients are just combined.This is where you fold in your mix-ins.(chocolate chips, walnuts, or anything else your imagination can conger up.)
- 4Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. the top should be lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center should come out clean.(if you are using chips then some chocolate will come out on your knife.)
- 5Remove from the oven and invert onto a cooling rack; flip the bread right side up and let cool.