Lemon Poppyseed Bread/Muffins
* Lemon Poppyseed is second from the left in photo. Also pictured Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread, Cranberry Orange, and Eggnog Bread for which I have also listed the recipes here on JAP.
1 3/4 cflour
·zest of 1 lemon
1 tspbaking powder
3/4 tspbaking soda
6 ozlemon yogurt
6 Tbspmelted butter, cooled
1-2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/4-1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/2-1 tsplemon juice
How to Make Lemon Poppyseed Bread/Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat desired pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well blended; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, melted butter, egg, lemon juice, and poppyseeds until well blended. Add to flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan(s) and bake.
standard muffins: about 16-20 minutes
jumbo muffins: about 25 minutes
mini loaves: 30-35 minutes
9x5 loaf: 50-55 minutes
- OPTIONAL GLAZE:
Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Stir in enough milk to get desired drizzle consistency. Drizzle over hot loaves.