Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Kathey Jo Hickey-Van Otten
2whole wheat flour-sifted
1/4 tspsalt-i use kosher or sea salt
1 csugar or agave nector, which i use, or honey is good too
2eggs-beaten-can use 3 t. of egg replacer
1lemon-juice from lemon
1zest from one lemon
1/4 cpoppy seeds
How to Make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- In another bowl add the butter and sugar, mixing throughly, then add the liquid ingredients whisking each in with each ingredient.
- Add the Lemon zest and poppy seeds last and stir a minute or two until really mixed into the batter.
- Place batter into a large measuring cup or bowl with with a pouring side and fill a muffin tin that has been sprayed with "pam" or another off brand, to about 3/4 full.
Place in oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Brush with butter and some homemade jelly, or just whatever you want. They will freeze very good.
- Options: Can add other things into the batter: nuts, raisins, dried fruit. Each will bring its unique flavor to the batter.