Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Kathey Jo Hickey-Van Otten
- whole wheat flour-sifted
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- salt-i use kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 c
- sugar or agave nector, which i use, or honey is good too
- eggs-beaten-can use 3 t. of egg replacer
- lemon-juice from lemon
- zest from one lemon
- 1/4 c
- poppy seeds
How to Make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- 2In another bowl add the butter and sugar, mixing throughly, then add the liquid ingredients whisking each in with each ingredient.
- 3Add the Lemon zest and poppy seeds last and stir a minute or two until really mixed into the batter.
- 4Place batter into a large measuring cup or bowl with with a pouring side and fill a muffin tin that has been sprayed with "pam" or another off brand, to about 3/4 full.
Place in oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Brush with butter and some homemade jelly, or just whatever you want. They will freeze very good.
- 5Options: Can add other things into the batter: nuts, raisins, dried fruit. Each will bring its unique flavor to the batter.