GRANDPA ADAM'S SWEDISH RYE BREAD
2 1/2 cwater
1 Tbspanise seed
1cake of yeast dissolved in 1/2 cup water
2 Tbspgrated lemon or orange rind
2 Tbspsolid shortening
1 Tbspcaraway seed
4 csifted rye flour pluse 7 cups white flour sifted
How to Make GRANDPA ADAM'S SWEDISH RYE BREAD
- Combine first 7 ingredients and boil 5 minutes, cool. When mixture is cool, add yeast cake which has been dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water
- Beat in the rye flour until smooth, Let rise in a warm place overnight.
- Next morning, add the white flour kneed thoroughly and let rise again for two hours.
- Shape in round loves and place in 9 inch pie tins. Let rise until light about 2 hours.
- Bake in moderate oven at 300 degrees fir 1 hour. Makes 4 large loves