English Muffin Bread
How to Make English Muffin Bread
- Scald milk, stir in sugar, salt and margarine, cool until luke warm.
- Measure warm water into bowl, sprinkle yeast over water, stir until dissolved, stir into milk mixture.
- Add 3 cups of flour and beat until smooth, add enough flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turn to grease top, cover, let rise 1 hour.
- punch down, divide in half, shape into loaves, roll each loaf in cornmeal place into greased loaf pans, cover, let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 400* for 25 minutes or until done. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.