They are tender and so light- they melt in your mouth; I just can't eat one- but then again I can never eat only one of anything.LOL
- 1 1/4 c
- bisquick original baking mix
- 3/4 c
- enriched corn meal -i used quaker yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- 2% milk,cold
- 1/4 c
- vegetable/canola oil
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
How to Make Cornmeal Squares
- 1Heat oven to 400^. Grease or spray an 8-inch baking dish.
Combine dry ingredients. Make a well in center of blended ingredients.
- 2In 2 cup measuring cup or small bowl mix together the milk, vegetable oil and egg until well blended.
Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened and some of the large bisquick lumps are smaller.
- 3Pour mixture into prepared pan Bake 20-25 minutes ,until light golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Good warn or cold. Great with jelly or maple syrup for breakfast too.