Cinnamon Raisin Muffins
I have never tried these with regular flour, and the recipe, I must say, is pretty good, so why wreck a good thing??
4 Tbspbrown sugar
2 1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter or margarine, melted
2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease 12-cup muffin pan
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except the raisins (brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt)
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter with the milk, egg and vanilla until well mixed.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moist. Then fold in the raisins.
- Place the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.*
- ***NOTE*** I do not own big muffin pans, like the ones that make those big muffins in resturaunts. Ergo, I guess I'm technically using "cupcake" pans. Real muffin pans I'm sure will take longer than 10 minutes to bake, and possibly you may not get a full 12, but I haven't been able to try that yet.