Cinnamon Oatmeal Banana Nut Bread
** WARNING ** When using an electric mixer please make sure mixer is NOT in operation when scraping sides of mixing bowl due to the risk of serious or severe injury to the operator. It can also damage your electric mixer. So please do not use or place any spoons, forks, knives, other utensils, including your hands in or near beaters of the mixer while in operation.
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine
- 2 large
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- firmly packed, light brown sugar
- 3 to 4 medium
- very ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- walnuts or pecans *optional
- 1 c
- quick cook oatmeal
- 1 1/2 c
- water, boiling
How to Make Cinnamon Oatmeal Banana Nut Bread
- 1Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and Flour 2 (9-inch x 5-inch) loaf pans.
- 2Take 1 Cup Walnuts or Pecan halves and coarsely chop and put in small bowl/dish. *Can reduce to 1/2 or omit altogether if you are allergic to nuts or do not like nuts. Can also substitute with Chocolate Chips if desired.
- 3Place 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal in heatproof bowl. Then pour 1 1/2 cups water into a small sauce pan and bring to a full boil for about 1 minute. Turn stove off and carefully pour boiling water over Oatmeal. Stir well with fork and let stand until cool.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, combine by hand or by sifting: all purpose flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
- 5In a Large mixing bowl using an electric mixer beat: softened butter, eggs, granulated sugar, light brown sugar and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy.
- 6Next combine flour mixture to butter and egg mixture 1/2 cup at a time using electric mixture on low speed and mixing each 1/2 cup addition until well blended before adding the next 1/2 cup. Continue to add flour mixture to butter,egg and sugar mixture until all of the flour mixture has been added. Making sure to use a spatula to scrape dough off sides of bowl between each 1/2 cup addition so as to make sure mixture is mixed together completely.
*** WARNING - Mixture will be thick.***
- 7Once flour and butter mixtures have been combined thoroughly. Add oatmeal (boiling water should have been completely absorbed) to batter making sure to mix together thoroughly.
- 8Then using spatula add and fold in mashed over ripe bananas and Walnuts or Pecans. Mixture will have become wetter but should not be soupy. You should be able to easily stir the mixture but should be thick like a brownie or muffin mix.
- 9Pour batter into loaf pan until half filled and if there is extra batter pour remaining batter into a second greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pan or you can pour them into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- 10Once Baked take out of oven and cool 15 minutes on cooling rack before removing from loaf pan.