Cherry Filled Chocolate Muffins
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1/3 cbaking cocoa
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 cunsweetened applesauce
3/4 ccherry juice
1/2 cegg substitute or two eggs
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspcherry extract
3/4 ccherry preserves
How to Make Cherry Filled Chocolate Muffins
- • In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and baking
• Soda. In another bowl, whisk the applesauce, juice, egg substitute, Vanilla and Cherry Extract until smooth.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until just moistened.
- • Coat paper muffin cups with cooking spray; fill about 2/3 full with batter. We use a medium sized ice cream scoop for regular muffins (Small for mini’s.)
- • Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes for regular muffins and 10-12 for mini’s or until muffins test done. As soon as you remove from the oven take a melon ball tool and put an indentation in the center of each muffin. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Place cherry preserves into each indentation.
- Nutrition Facts: One Regular sized muffin equals 173 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, .1 fiber, and 2.8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
One Mini Muffin equals Calories 85.4; Total Fat 0.7 g; Saturated Fat 0.2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g; Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g, Cholesterol 15.4 mg; Sodium 130.7 mg; Potassium 45.6 mg; Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g; Dietary Fiber 0.8 g; Sugars 9.3 g; Protein 1.6 g.