Brown Sugar & Oatmeal Muffin Mix
- 1 c
- old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 Tbsp
- non-fat dry-milk powder
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
TO MAKE THE MIX:
TO ADD TO THE MIX TO MAKE THE MUFFINS:
How to Make Brown Sugar & Oatmeal Muffin Mix
Label a gallon sized Zip-Lock bag with the name of the mix, the date that you are packing it, along with the instructions to make the muffins from the mix.
- 2TO MAKE THE MIX:
In a large bowl, combine oats, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt together well. Stir until well combined. Pour into the Zip-Lock bag, and seal it up tightly.
- 3INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE MUFFINS FROM THE MIX:
Pour ingredients of bag into a large bowl. Make a well in the center, and set aside.
- 4In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add the brown sugar, water, oil and vanilla. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- 5Pour wet ingredients into the dry (mix) ingredients and Stir JUST UNTIL COMBINED. DO NOT OVER MIX. Spray cup liners or muffin tin cups with vegetable spray*. Fill cups 3/4 full. If you want a little higher top on your muffins, fill closer to the top. You will however have a couple less muffins.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven when muffins test done (toothpick inserted into the middle muffin center comes out clean). Allow to cool in muffin tins for 5 minutes, before removing to cooling racks to cool until ready to serve.
*NOTE: If you spray the liners of the cups, the muffins will come out of the liners more easily without taking half of the muffin with them!