Brown Sugar & Oat Muffins
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cold-fashioned oats
1 cwhole wheat flour
1/2 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbrown sugar, packed
3/4 cevaporated milk
1/4 ccanola oil
1 1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Brown Sugar & Oat Muffins
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the ingredients and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine lightly beaten eggs, with the brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and stir just until all is moistened; but try to get as much as you can in each stroke, so that there are not a bunch of dry ingredients left on the bottom or sides.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Place paper liners into each muffin cup, and spray with butter flavored vegetable spray inside of each cup (lined OR not). If you spray the paper liners, the muffin will come out of the cup nicely, without taking half of the muffin w/it!
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/4 inch from the top of the cup. By filling it just that little bit more, you have nice rounded tops instead of flat and/or low muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check after 14 minutes. Much depends on the heat of YOUR individual oven, whether you have light or dark pans, etc. If a wooden pick inserted into the middle of a middle cupcake, comes out clean (without dough)and when you touch it lightly, it springs back just a bit, instead of leaving a finger indentation) they are done!
- Leave in tins for just about 5 minutes, then remove to cool completely on wire racks. Best served warm. I usually double the recipe and put one batch in the freezer for another day!