- 2 box
- jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz) broccoli, chopped (thawed but not drained)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 12 oz
- cottage cheese
- 4 large
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 stick
- butter (can use as little as one stick if you prefer)
How to Make Broccoli Cornbread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in a 13x9 inch pan (glass or metal) placed in oven. While butter is melting, mix other ingredients together.
- 3Remove pan from oven and pour batter into pan; spread evenly.
- 4Bake for at least 30 minutes. Depending on your oven, it can take up to 45 minutes. Cornbread is ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 5-- Note: this cornbread is very moist, not grainy and coarse in texture like a lot of cornbreads. Don't let that fool you as to whether it's done or not. Do the toothpick test.