Bread Machine English Muffins
This is one of the family favourites and she is asked to make them often. She has been known to give them to people in the family as well when they were in need. *smiles*
They are much better than store bought (which i don't like) and filling enough for even an active duty marine (he only ate two instead of 6 store bought. lol).
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- sugar, white
- 3 c
- flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- active dry yeast
How to Make Bread Machine English Muffins
- 1Put all ingredients in the machine in the order listed according to the manufacturer, EXCEPT CORNMEAL. Start the dough cycle.
- 2When cycle is finished, sprinkle cornmeal over the work area. Divide dough into eight (8) equal pieces and pat each piece into a 1/2" thick round.
- 3Turn each round in a dish of cornmeal.
- 4Place the rounds on a baking sheer, cover and let rise foe 20-30 minutes (until not quite doubled).
- 5Heat a dry cast iron skillet/griddle over a low heat. Spray skillet with oil and cook the muffins about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- 6Serve warm, freeze or toast after cooling.