How to Make Bran Muffins
- Mix 1 cup of wheat bran with 1 cup of boiling water. Stir and let sit so bran absorbs the water.
- In a separate bowl, blend sugar and butter. Set aside for later.
- In a separate bowl, measure and combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Combine the beaten eggs with the moistened bran. Add it to the flour mixture.
- Add the remaing 2 cups of bran, buttermilk, and blended sugar-butter mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan (for moister muffins, use a muffin baking cup) and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.